Shauna's Corner

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Indescribable


I was looking at Pictures on my computer tonight and I came across this one. It was taken on the west coast of Newfoundland this summer. When I look at it, it reminds me of how amazing God really is and how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful province. I was on the west coast again this fall and all the leaves had turned into reds and oranges and browns. All you could do was look in awe. There are no words to describe it.

When I worked at camp this summer, I heard this song for the first time. It really blessed me throughout the summer. I think the words are amazing and tells how awesome and amazing our God is. He created this world for me and you to live in...God is amazing...there are no words great enough to describe him! Anyway here are the lyrics.


From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea

Creation's revealing Your majesty

From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring

Every creature unique in the song that it sings

All exclaiming


Indescribable, uncontainable,

You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.

You are amazing God

All powerful, untameable,

Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim

You are amazing God


Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go

Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow

Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light

Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night

None can fathom


Indescribable, uncontainable,

You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name

You are amazing God

All powerful, untameable,

Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim

You are amazing GodYou are amazing God


I hope everyone is having a good long weekend. Take your two minutes of silence and remember the soldiers who fought for our freedom and gave so much for us.


Shauna

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna,

I am so glad you have a blog now. I still don't have one, but I do enjoy reading others. Anyway, your entry has inspired me in more ways than one. Keep up the good writing. Oh...and we have to get together real soon for that coffee. Luvs ya lots.

Sheryl

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Alex said...

i love that song too
it always reminds me of the wonder of God's creation...that's how I see Him the most, I think.
i miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home